Establish an account.
Before we can work on any of your materials, you must sign up for an account.
Uploading Digital Files: WAV, MP3, MOV, MP4, AIFF, etc.
Using our Easy Upload system
This method allows you to ‘drag and drop’ files directly to our server.
Directly from your DropBox Account
This method allows you to transfer files from your DropBox account to our server. This method is extremely fast as the files will be transmitted server-to-server.
- You must sign up for an account before you can access the client area.
- Login to to the client area.
- Upon login, the first page will present our Easy Upload file system.
- Click the ‘DropBox’ tab
- DropBox will ask if you want to grant one-time access.
- Select the files from your DropBox account.
- Hit the ‘Transfer to Production Transcripts’ button
- Fill out file logging information and confirm order.
Sending us a Hard Drive full of footageWe can accept your USB or Firewire Wire 800 hard drive in lieu of uploading or DVDs. There’s a [hard_drive_handle] handling fee for this. Additionally, if we need to render the footage down to a smaller size, then we charge $30.00 per hour of render time. Please consult with us in advance regarding the format of the footage on the hard drive. We can only handle certain formats. Render times vary based on the size of your source files and the speed of the hard drive sent in. When preparing the footage on your hard drive, organization and a rational nomenclature are key. Do not just send us the hard drive your camera person gave you !!! Key Issues when sending a hard drive:
- Only send files that are to be transcribed. Do not send extraneous takes.
- You should have opened and watched every single file on the drive prior to sending it to us to confirm that it should be transcribed.
- Each file should be uniquely identified. Simply putting them in a folder doesn’t count.
- File names should mean something to a human. “2012-11-02_John_Doe_pt1.mov” is far better than “3289WOJP.mov”
- Do not use duplicate file names, even if they’re in separate folders.
- Please try to have all the files for a particular interview edited together into one file prior to sending it to us.
- We only accept hard drives that are copies of your footage.
Physical Tapes, CDs, Video Cassettes, Mini Discs, etc.
Please include a submission form in the box or envelope you use to deliver your materials.
Failure to include a submission form for physical media will delay your turnaround time. If you’re in a hurry to send the tapes, you may also email us the submission form if it’s not filled out by the time you send your materials to us as a PDF file.
Address and HoursSend audio materials and submission form to: Production Transcripts Attn: Incoming Audio 3736 San Fernando Road Glendale, CA 91204Our normal office hours are from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday, Pacific Time. Our office in Glendale is located near Central Downtown Los Angeles. (5 to 10 minute drive)
Do not use Fed Ex’s “First Overnight” Service. They will not leave packages without signature and we are not open during that time frame. Use “Priority Overnight” instead.